02/05/2018 - 04/05/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Largo Galileo Galilei, 1, 00044 Frascati RM, Italy
The 3rd GEO Data Providers Workshop will take place from 2-4 May 2018 at the European Space Agency in Frascati, Italy.
GEO brings together Earth observation data providers and users to share knowledge and best practices in the management and use of Earth observation data, while working together to enhance together the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS).
The 3rd GEO Data Providers Workshop will feature 3 days of dynamic sessions, along with a 2 day hackathon, aimed at connecting data providers and users as part of the GEOSS Platform community. The 2 day hackathon will take place in two parallel sessions, one at ESA in Frascati, Italy and one at ESA ECSAT in Didcot, UK.
In alignment with The Group on Earth Observations’ vision to realize a future where decisions and actions, for the benefit of humankind, are informed by coordinated, comprehensive and sustained Earth observation information and services, this workshop will provide a space to share experiences and knowledge that can improve the ways in which data is managed, communicated, disseminated and used.
Focus areas include:
- Connecting data providers with users, including:
- Uncovering user content and data discovery, access and use needs;
- Highlighting data user and application impact stories;
- Optimizing data for decision and policy making;
- Engaging with citizen observatories;
- Presenting data potential; and
- Entering in discussions.
- Presenting user-centric GEOSS Platform enhancements;
- Building strategies for strengthening user and provider outreach and expanding the user base.
Data providers and users contributing to or benefiting from Earth observations are invited to attend the Workshop. Attendees will have the opportunity to network and engage with other providers and users, share their needs and services, and exchange ideas for collaboration.
Workshop documents: Full agenda workshop / training sessions
Original source: https://www.earthobservations.org/me_201805_dpw.php
All events can be found here: All events