The 14th meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP14) will be held between November 17th and November 29th in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
The COP 14 will be the occasion for the GEO BON delegation to officially present the Bejing Call on biodiversity observations for post-2020 decision-making, which calls for parties to the CBD to significantly step up their efforts on the collection, analysis and delivery of biodiversity observations to advance the world towards the 2050 Vision for Biodiversity. To achieve this, the development of National Biodiversity Observations Networks should be a priority in the post-2020 strategy and we will stand ready to support Parties in their efforts.
The GEO BON Secretariat and partners will (co-)organise side-events to present our vision, approaches and products to the different delegations attending the meeting:
- Main GEO BON Side-Event: From Biodiversity Data to reporting (co-organised by the GEO BON Secretariat, GBIF Secretariat and NatureServe) – Monday November 26th at 13:15 – M6 – Marie Khan Women’s Caucus Room. See the full description and agenda here: https://www.cbd.int/side-events/2720.
- A new alliance for biodiversity knowledge (co-organised by GBIF, IUCN, GEO BON, European Commission, Instituto Humboldt and the CBD) – Wednesday November 21st at 13:15 – Siwa – Business and Industry Organizations Room
- Annual Report on Biodiversity Monitoring of China(organised by NIES) – Thursday November 22nd at 18:15 – Red Sea GRULAC Room
- China’s Sixth National Report to the Convention on Biological Diversity(organised by NIES) – Monday November 26th at 18:15 – Louxor – Asia and the Pacific Room
- Nature Futures Scenarios(organised by IPBES) – Tuesday November 20th 9:00 to 18:15 – Rio Conventions Pavilion
For the complete list of Side-event, see: https://www.cbd.int/side-events
If you want to know more about the documents that will be discussed during the plenary sessions, or access the live streams, use the following link: https://www.cbd.int/conferences/2018/cop-14/documents